Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My last day in Zanzibar

Hi all!

Sadly I'm (Elina) heading to Finland tomorrow, and my time in Zanzibar has come to an end. It has been great four weeks and there would still be a lot to be done in the project as well as exploring the beautiful nature in Zanzibar. Hopefully I will get a chance to visit Zanzibar again some day. Working in the project has been very interesting and I have learned a lot. I hope the work we've done has contributed the project, all though one month is not a very long time. Fortunately Kaisa and Irene will stay here for six more weeks and continue with the LIVE-project.

At home I will finish my report and send it to Kaisa, Irene and the staff for the final seminar. Gladly TIES will publish an article on Kiwengwa caves as an ecotourism destination. Last weekend we went to the Prison Island and it was a great experience with the giant tortoises and snorkling to see the coral. Today we are still going to have a last night's dinner and then I start preparing myself for the long journey back home. Tutaonana and stay tuned for updates from Kaisa and Irene!

Elina

No comments:

Post a Comment